D41 Tech at Home Your technology resource for at-home learning.
Directions for Getting Started:
The D41 Tech Help Desk is open to our students and families should you have questions regarding Chromebooks or any other tech questions. Please find information below regarding D41-approved apps and services as well as Gmail accounts, Google Classroom and student expectations.
> District 41 Student Calendar Set-Up
Gmail Accounts for Elementary Students
- In an effort to provide more access to communication tools for students and teachers, Gmail accounts have been enabled for our students in grades kindergarten through 5th grade. Given these extraordinary circumstances, we feel students and teachers will benefit from this open line of communication. GMAIL GUIDELINES
- Students will NOT receive email from anyone outside our d41.org domain, so no outside emails will be delivered. Also, students will not be able to receive email from other students, only teachers.
- A monitoring solution is in place to scan for inappropriate language in the emails. Any language that triggers this filter will automatically trigger an alert that will be sent via email to the school principal.
Student Expectations and Directions
- We expect all students to be respectful, responsible and safe online and to understand that the district Acceptable Use Policy still pertains to them when they are at home.
- We encourage parents to have conversations with their child/children about their digital citizenship. This is an exciting time for our students to learn new communication skills in an authentic way! It remains important to remember to continuously monitor their usage of and interactions through technology.