-instructions in español

    Required Documentation for New Students  -en español

    Getting Started

    Enrollment of a student new to Glen Ellyn School District 41 is done online through Skyward, our student information system. Click the New Student Registration (Skyward) button below.

    NOTE: A valid e-mail address is strongly recommended to use this program. If you do not have a valid e-mail address, you can set one up for free through Google, click here for help -en español. Otherwise you may contact your student's school to receive a paper packet. On-line enrollment is strongly encouraged. By providing a valid email address you will be able to receive important information that may be provided by the District and/or school.

    Current District 41 families who need to enroll a new student should log-in directly to
    Skyward Family Access, with their current log-in and password, click on New Student Online Enrollment and complete the process.

    New to the District students – Click Here. From there you will be directed to a screen to submit your Online Enrollment Account Request. There is a Google translator option if you wish to use it. After submitting the Online Enrollment Account Request you will receive an e-mail with your login, password information and a link to begin the new student registration process.

    Application for Enrollment
    Once you have accessed New Student Online Enrollment, proceed through the following steps and fill out the information for your student. You may leave and return to the site at any time; there is an option for that. You will re-login with the login and password that was provided. Once all steps have been completed, click the ‘Submit Application to the District’ button.

    The following steps must be completed for each new student in District 41. This system will note when you have completed each step.

    1. Student Information (Enter information in the boxes on the form)
    2. Family/Guardian Information (Enter information in the boxes on the form)
    3. Emergency Contact Information (Enter information in the boxes on the form)
    4. Additional District Forms
        -There are several District forms that will need to be completed. Please complete each form as listed.
    5. The following required documents are now able to be uploaded during the enrollment process if you are able:

    • Child’s birth certificate
    • Residency Documents
      You will need to provide at least one of the following showing your current address:
      • Most current real estate tax bill indicating tax distribution
      • Signed lease
      • Mortgage document
      • Section 8 letter
    • 2 other items with your name and address on them, i.e., utility bill, insurance bill, car registration, bank statement, etc.

    6. Click the ‘Submit Application to the District’ button once all sections have been completed.

    Once you complete the application it will be reviewed and processed by your child’s school. You will receive an e-mail with additional information and instructions on submitting the required documentation (see below).


    Students enrolling in District 41 for the first time must present:

    Anyone seeking to enroll a student in the district must bring a certified copy of your child’s government-issued birth certificate to your child’s school of attendance. State law requires us to make a copy for our records. The Missing Child Act requires us to notify the police if we do not receive this document within 30 days of your child’s enrollment. To obtain a certified copy of your child’s government-issued, original birth certificate for a child born in Illinois, contact
    CLICK HERE or if your child was born in DuPage County CLICK HERE.

    All new incoming Kindergarten students must prove residency, regardless of if they have siblings already enrolled in the District. As initial proof of residency, the person with whom the student lives in the District and who claims custody of the student must complete a Residency Affidavit with supporting current residency documents at the school your child is enrolling in. Please contact the District registrar if you are having trouble collecting the appropriate documents.
    If parents are divorced or separated you must complete an Affidavit for Divorced or Separated Parents at the school you are enrolling your child in.

    The parent/guardian of a student who is transferring from an Illinois public school is required to submit a Student in Good Standing Form, also known as the Illinois State Transfer Form, from their previous school prior to their first day of attendance. This form indicates whether the student’s medical records are current and whether the student is currently being disciplined by a suspension or expulsion. If the student is transferring from a private school (whether located in Illinois or not) or any non-Illinois public school, the parent/guardian shall certify in writing that the student is not currently serving a suspension or expulsion imposed by the school from which the student is transferring (form available in the schools). CLICK HERE FOR FORM.

    Glen Ellyn School District 41 policy requires a child entering kindergarten or 6th grade or NEW to District 41 have a current State of Illinois physical and updated immunization record on file PRIOR to October 15th of that school year. Forms are available at any school office or can be printed by CLICKING HERE


    New Student