I'm looking for...
All District 41 staff, students and community members feel welcomed, valued and safe in our classrooms, schools and workplaces. We honor diversity and conduct ourselves in an ethical and respectful manner. Our students leave the district demonstrating and promoting inclusive behaviors.
By 2027, District 41 will partner with students, families and community members to establish a plan for equity and diversity training and for sharing resources and current research to build a shared understanding among all stakeholders.
- D41 will create an equity subcommittee under the district’s DEI Committee (Board committee) to monitor and update the district online resources and safe and inclusive environments professional learning plan.
- D41 will create a professional learning and training plan with opportunities for all stakeholders to increase their knowledge and skills in valuing diversity and creating equitable, inclusive and safe environments.
By 2027, District 41 students, staff and community members will use their knowledge and skills developed through training to practice and engage in continual analysis and improvement to ensure diversity, equity, inclusion and physical and emotional safety throughout our schools and community.
- D41 will develop, implement, evaluate and adjust recruitment and hiring practices to attract, support and retain a more diverse workforce.
- D41’s equity subcommittee will regularly examine multiple measures of diversity, equity, inclusion and safety data to inform action in creating more safe and inclusive schools.
- D41 will evaluate the effectiveness of its diverse workforce recruitment, hiring, development and retention efforts, including measurement of job satisfaction indicators.