District 41 Dual Language Program
DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM APPLICATIONS - KINDERGARTNERS 2022-2023
- DEADLINE IS MARCH 10, 2022 -
Please view the Dual Language Information video before completing the application process. The video is replacing our usual in-person meeting. All students must complete and submit an application of interest in order to be considered for the program, including siblings of current Dual Language students. Information packets are available digitally online and in paper form at each elementary school.
>> Information and Application Packet: English | Espanol
Dual Language Parent Information Videos
Dual Language Parent Information / Espanol
We prepare students for an expanding global environment by accelerating academic excellence through the teaching of two languages. We foster the appreciation and understanding of multiculturalism.
Students in the Dual Language Program will be bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural. Students will exhibit high academic achievement in the content areas in both languages.
- Perform at or above grade level in all content areas in both English and the target language
- Develop high levels of proficiency in reading, writing, listening and speaking in both languages for advanced placement courses in high school
- Engage in a rigorous curriculum that is aligned to the Common Core.
- Increase cognitive skills and academic abilities that will transfer to overall higher achievement
- Cultivate a lifelong love for language learning and an appreciation for cultural diversity
- Fifth and eighth grade dual language students are assessed with a standardized language assessment. The assessment is called STAMP. Students are assessed with STAMP in Spanish to gauge where they are on their path toward earning the Seal of Biliteracy. For more information about the STAMP test, please view the English or Spanish video below.
If I have additional questions, who can I contact?
You can contact Dr. Theresa Ulrich at the Central Services Office at 630-534-7251 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.