Forest Glen History & QuickFacts
In 1909, voters in the Stacy’s Corner district approved building a new school to replace the one-room structure that they had used since 1841. Forest Glen was a white, two-story cinder block building that served students until 1950. It was built on the southwest corner of Main Street and Elm Street. The 1909 structure was demolished in 1970 and the District 41 Administration Center was constructed on that site.
Forest Glen Elementary School was originally constructed in 1949 on the southeast corner of Main Street and Elm Street. . The current Forest Glen Elementary School building was opened in 1950 on its current 6 acre site.
In 1970, the district began a number of major building projects including the first addition to Forest Glen. This addition houses the current Library Media Center and the 5 surrounding classrooms.
In 1994, another three classroom addition was added to Forest Glen.
In 1998, additions were completed at all four elementary schools and the first phase of construction was completed at Hadley. Seven classrooms, additional bathrooms, and a multipurpose room was added to Forest Glen.
In 2001, a two-classroom portable was installed at Forest Glen with an additional two-classroom portable being added in 2005.
In 2014-2015, the district began construction projects to remove 4 portables from each of the elementary schools. Forest Glen’s four classroom addition opened in August 2015. The portables were removed from the site in June 2015.
QuickFactsYear school was built: 1949 and opened in 1950
Number of students: Currently 615 (PreK - Grade 5 students)
Boundaries: click for boundary map
Teachers & Staff: 59 Certified staff, 27 support staff
Class size: between 20 and 28 currently
NOTE: Class size targets that were approved by the BOE for this year are:
K / Grade 1: 20 - 22 students
Grade 2 - 3: 23 - 25 students
Grade 4 - 5: 25 - 27 students