Administrative Procedure – Procurement Cards
These procedures will be followed for all District Procurement Cards:
- All employees shall sign and abide by the terms of the Statement of Authority. Annually, cardholders will receive a letter on acceptable use which the card holding employee must sign and return.
- By signing the Statement of Authority, the employee has agreed to indemnify, hold harmless, release, and defend the School District, its Board of Education and its members, its officers, officials, employees and agents (collectively, “Indemnified Parties”) against any and all damages, liability, claims, losses, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties related to the employee’s unauthorized use of the Card or the employees unauthorized purchase of items. Two or more instances of misuse will result in the suspension of purchasing privileges and possible disciplinary action.
- When making purchases with a Procurement Card, the employee will:
- Submit the original, itemized receipt for all purchases.
- Keep a written log of all purchases made using the Card.
- As purchases are received, reconcile all items with receipts to validate the purchase.
- Submit all receipts and a copy of the written purchase log to the Business Office for payment. Failure to provide documentation for purchases will result in the suspension of purchasing privileges.
- Immediately report a misplaced or stolen card to the Business Office for replacement.
- Return the Card to the District immediately upon request.
- Limit purchases with the Card to authorized District goods and services.
- The Business Office will collect all monthly logs from all Card users. Once all reconciliations are received, the Business Office will process payment to the issuing bank.
- Written (email) permission from the supervisor is needed in advance of single purchases over $500.00 and for cumulative purchases in increments of $1,000.00 in a single month. The permissions must be attached to the reconciliation form and the statement.
a. The Superintendent will approve all purchases for the Assistant Superintendent for Teaching, Learning and Accountability, Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Facilities and Operations, Director of Human Resources, Director of Technology, and the Director of Communications and Grants.
b. The Assistant Superintendent for Teaching, Learning and Accountability, Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Facilities and Operations, Director of Human Resources, and the Director of Technology will approve all cardholder’s requests and purchases within their departments.
c. The Superintendent will approve the requests and purchases of principals.
d. The Principals will approve the requests and purchases of assistant principal(s).
f. The Superintendent’s purchases will be reviewed by the Board of Education Finance & Facilities Committee.
- The Assistant Superintendent for Finances and Facilities will review all procurement card purchases.
- The Assistant Superintendent for Finance, Facilities and Operations or designee will establish all card limits and restrictions.
Reviewed: October 24, 2005; October 15, 2013
Adopted: October 24, 2005
Revisions Adopted: October 15, 2013